What is Noonday Baptist Association?
Noonday Baptist Association is a voluntary, cooperative organization of Southern Baptist Churches located in or near Cobb County, Georgia.
The purpose of this Association is to assist in the development of healthy churches that are on mission for Jesus Christ in fulfilling the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. (Matthew 22:37-40; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-49; Acts 1:8)
The Vision of Noonday Baptist Association is to assist in developing and maintaining healthy churches that will cooperatively be involved in developing new congregations, community evangelism ministries and local, national and international mission partnerships. Through the faithful service of healthy churches on mission together, individuals will be afforded the opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and develop as believers.
What are the qualifications of membership in Noonday Baptist Association? (Article III, Section 2, Qualifications)
- Churches should be duly constituted, independent bodies, which are scriptural in belief and orderly practice.
- Churches should have doctrines and practices that agree in general to the Baptist Faith and Message statement adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Churches should exhibit a cooperative missionary spirit and practice.
- Churches should participate actively and financially in the work of the Association.
- Churches should not knowingly take any action to affirm, approve or endorse immorality, adultery, homosexual behavior, or any other such behavior that is a perversion of sexual expression according to the Biblical standards.
- Individual messengers should seek to embody the characteristics that qualify their church for membership in the Association.
- It is recommended that member churches also affiliate with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and the Southern Baptist Convention.
What are the responsibilities of membership in Noonday Baptist Association? (Article III, Section 3, Responsibilities)
- Reporting responsibilities: Each church is encouraged to keep the Association updated on its annual progress by using the Annual Church Profile. It is requested that the letter be in the Association office by the second week in October.
- Financial responsibilities: Each church is encouraged to contribute financially to the work of the Association. It is requested that each member church place the Association in its budget on a percentage basis (3% of undesignated receipts is encouraged to be given to Association missions).
- Fellowship responsibilities: Each church is encouraged to send its full number of messengers or Executive Committee members to the meetings of the Association.
How does a church become a member of Noonday Baptist Association? (Article III, Section 5, Reception of Churches)
- Churches wishing to associate with the Association may petition for membership by submitting a copy of their Articles of Faith and a written application to the Cooperation/Unity Team at least three months prior to the date of the annual meeting. This Team shall have the responsibility for examining the church according to the qualifications contained in Article III, Section 2 of the By-Laws of the Association and recommending appropriate action.
- The Cooperation/Unity Team shall make its recommendations to the annual meeting of the Association. Approval for accepting new member churches requires three-fourth vote by the messengers present and voting.
- If the church seeking membership was a mission of a member church, upon favorable recommendation and vote of the messenger present at the Annual Meeting, the church may be granted full membership with all rights and privileges.
- If the church seeking membership was not a mission of a member church, upon favorable recommendation and vote of the messengers present at the annual meeting, the church will be granted a one-year, non-voting membership watch-care. Based on the Cooperation/Unity Team's recommendation, full membership will be granted by three-fourths vote of the messengers present and voting at the next Annual Meeting.
- Churches petitioning to come into the Association are under watch-care during the time they are being encouraged and examined by the Cooperation/Unity Team. During this time, they shall be entitled to all rights and privileges except that of Executive Committee members and messengers.
What does a church need to do to begin the membership process?
Complete the Application below to be considered for church membership with the Noonday Baptist Association. Please also email a copy of the church's Articles of Faith, Constitution and By-Laws and any other documents that would be of assistance in determining the churches doctrine, practice and cooperative missionary spirit to the Executive Director's ministry assistant. The pastor and key leaders will be interviewed concerning doctrine and practices of the church.