This scholarship is intended to assist students of Noonday Baptist Association churches who desire to attend college, university, or seminary for both undergraduate and postgraduate education. The desired result of this scholarship is to equip Christian leaders for religious and secular careers.
- Available to students at all levels of post-secondary education (undergraduate and postgraduate education), with a minimum half-time enrollment.
- Must demonstrate a basis for financial need and, if required, provide relevant documentation.
- Must be an active member or dependent child of an active member of a church affiliated with the Noonday Baptist Association, or who hold an appropriate affiliation with Noonday Baptist Association.
- Must be nominated by a written recommendation of a current ministerial staff member of a Noonday Baptist Association church.
- Must demonstrate Christian leadership.
- Although this is primarily a scholarship based on financial need, applicants are expected to show that they are committed to academic success. (3.0 GPA or higher is required.)
- Recipients may reapply for this scholarship each year (for 3 consecutive years) by completing a new application including all essays. If reapplying, all essays and recommendation letters must be renewed each year.
- The Trustees normally will not approve applications for out-of-state schools where the same course of study is offered by an in-state school due to financial considerations.
- Students attending only Southern Baptist Seminaries out of state will be considered for scholarships. Those attending other Bible Seminaries/Schools out of state will not be considered.
- Awards will only be approved for fully accredited schools listed as such by the Federal Department of Education through the applicable Regional Association of Schools and Colleges and/or such professional associations as the Association of Theological Schools, the National Schools of Music, etc.
- Accredited On-Line programs from out of state institutions will be considered as an exception.
Scholarship Amount and Disbursement Procedures
- Recipients must notify the Noonday Association office in writing by November 1st of their intention to continue enrollment or change of school for the next quarter or semester before the second installment is mailed. If a recipient decides to change schools after the first check is issued, then verification of scholarship eligibility for that school is required before next check is issued.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THIS COMPLETED APPLICATION AND ALL SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION MUST BE IN THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS OFFICE OF NOONDAY BAPTIST ASSOCIATION BY FEBRUARY 28, 2018 AT 4:00 P. M.
LATE APPLICATIONS / SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- APPLICANTS MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS. QUESTIONS LEFT BLANK OR INFORMATION MARKED “UNAVAILABLE” WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. APPLICATIONS WITH UNANSWERED QUESTIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH ALL COLLATERAL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE DEADLINE. PARTIAL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED OR CONSIDERED.
DEADLINE FOR THIS COMPLETED APPLICATION AND ALL SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION FEBRUARY 28, 2018 AT 4:30 P. M.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER FEBRUARY 28 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE.
Click HERE to open the application. Please print it out and complete it. You can email your completed application to gro.a1511171426byadn1511171426oon@p1511171426ihsra1511171426lohcs1511171426, mail it, or deliver it in person to our office:
Noonday Baptist Association
1348 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066